AffiliateWP Custom Affiliate Slugs
AffiliateWP Many different options available affiliate URL Variations that you and your affiliates can use simultaneously
Custom Affiliate Slugs This allows affiliates to create customs. “slug”. A slug is the piece of the referral URL where there would usually be the affiliate’s username or ID.
For example, if an affiliate’s username is John They have an affiliate ID 123They will be familiarized with using any of these referral URLs.
With a custom slug mycustomslug123Affiliates can now use these referral URLs, in addition to the ones above.
Customized affiliate slugs can be more personal, more relevant to the affiliate’s business name, more relevant to the affiliate’s marketing efforts, or completely random. Or, if your affiliate has a WordPress username on your site they’d like to keep private, they can set a new custom slug which they can use in a professional manner for their affiliate links.
Auto-create is also available Custom Slugs This option can be turned on. When enabled, a custom slug will be generated for your affiliates when:
- Register as an affiliate via the affiliate registration form
- The Auto Register New Users option is enabled starting Affiliates → Settings → Misc A user automatically becomes an affiliate when they register
- The affiliate can be manually added via the Affiliates → Affiliates → Add New Screen
The slug generated is based on the rules defined in the add-on’s settings.
Use Custom Affiliate Slugs As an affiliate
Affiliates have the option to create their custom slug using the “Settings” Tab of the Affiliate Area. They can also remove or modify their custom slug at any time.
Use Custom Affiliate Slugs Site admin
Site administrators can allow custom slugs to be enabled for all affiliates or for a select few. An affiliate’s custom slug can also be changed or removed from the “Edit Affiliate” admin page. The custom slug can optionally be set when you add a new affiliate. A new slug can be added to an affiliate list when exporting it. “custom slug” column will display each affiliate’s current custom slug.
You can enable the feature if your Default Referral format is ID or Username Show Custom Slug Option in Custom Affiliate Slug’s settings, and the affiliate’s custom slug (if they have one) will be shown on the Affiliate The URLs tab is located at the Affiliate Area alongside the affiliate’s ID or username so they can still use their ID or username.
When you install and activate Custom Affiliate SlugsA new version of the bestselling book Custom Affiliate Slug Option will also be available in the Referral Format by default select menu in the Affiliates → Settings → General tab. This allows you to show your affiliates their referral URL with a custom slug instead of the ID or username. An affiliate can also generate a referral URL with the URL generator using their custom slug (their username or ID will not be visible).
These are some of the ways that you and your affiliates could use this extremely useful add-on.
- Set a custom slug that is the affiliate’s name, i.e. http://yoursite.com/?ref=JohnJacobSmith
- You can create a custom slug for your business that is the name of your company, i.e. http://yoursite.com/?ref=MyBusinessName
- Set a custom Slug for each monthly promotion, i.e. http://yoursite.com/?ref=JohnSmithMay2016
- Set a custom slug for each sale, i.e. http://yoursite.com/ref/JJSmaysale2016
- Set a custom random URL slug. http://yoursite.com/ref/j0hnj4c0b5m1th
(Remember that you can change the default referral variable. “ref” – here’s how.)
- All affiliates can create their own custom URLs by logging into the site Affiliate Area
- Only certain affiliates can create their own custom Slugs
- Register to automatically generate custom slugs
- For auto-generated custom slugs, limit the maximum characters
- Generate alphanumeric or alphabetic auto-created custom slugs
- Modify an affiliate’s existing custom slug in the Affiliate Edit the screen, or completely remove it
- When manually adding an affiliate, you can set a custom slug
- Use with non-pretty or pretty affiliate referral URLs
- No duplicate slugs – no two affiliates will have the same slug
- Custom slugs can be changed at any time – when one is changed, it is freed up for other affiliates to take if they try to change theirs
- Confirmation required when changing a slug – the custom slug needs to be entered twice to confirm if the affiliate wishes to change it
- Use the affiliate campaign feature to create custom slugs
The allows you to give your affiliates greater control over the URLs they share. Custom Affiliate Slugs add-on!
Be the first to review “AffiliateWP Custom Affiliate Slugs”
There are no reviews yet.